West Java Uduk rice recipe and its complementary dishes
Currently, there are many variants of West Javanese recipes nasi uduk to choose from . But, of course, there is only one original recipe that will not be timeless. Of course, this one recipe is what you need to try, as it contains legendary flavors typical of the ancestors of the Sundan tribe in the past.
Nasi uduk is one of the typical West Javanese dishes that you can easily find. Nowadays, there are many typical Sundan restaurants that provide it to you. However, there is nothing wrong with trying to create this menu in your homes.
But making this uduka rice requires patience. There are so many steps that you need to follow carefully to get the delicious taste of rice uduk. But do not worry, because here we will discuss it in detail for you.
Nasi Uduk is considered a great food in West Java
In fact, this uduk rice is part of the West Javanese tradition. Therefore, not everyone can understand this West Javanese recipe well nasi uduk. Only some people understand this well.
In West Java itself, usually this uduk rice is served at various sacred events such as weddings, circumcisions, house thanksgiving, inauguration of buildings, etc. Usually there are many people who are engaged in the production of this uduk rice themselves.
Of course, the portions produced are also very large. But if you do this for your own consumption, the method is not too complicated. On this occasion we will discuss how to finish it, complemented by additional menu variants that are usually served in it. Arbitrary? Look at the explanation till the end!
How to make a typical West Java Uduk rice recipe
To make this uduk rice, of course, the first thing you need to prepare is the ingredients. Also, make sure that the ingredients used are clean and hygienic. Right from the start, here’s the explanation.
- 300 grams of rice
- Coconut milk 450 ml
- 2 pieces of young bay leaf
- 2 cloves
- 2 bruised lemongrass sticks
- 2 cm cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
How it is made
If you have prepared all these ingredients , we can immediately move on to the stage of making this West Javanese recipe for uduk rice. Follow the steps below in order to sign in.
- Wash the rice thoroughly. Also wash other materials that will be used in the production process
- Boil the coconut milk that you prepared before. Also give bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, ground lemongrass, salt and pepper.
- Mix everything thoroughly until it is completely evenly distributed. Stir until the mixture of spices and spices is cooked.
- Put the rice that you have previously washed in the coconut milk and spices that are cooked.
- Continue steaming until the rice is cooked and becomes rice.
- After boiling, serve in a suitable container
To add flavor, you can also sprinkle fried onions, chopped red chili and cucumber on top of nasi uduk. In addition to making it look beautiful, it will increase your appetite.
This is the process of making uduk rice that you can follow. It may seem simple, but often the production of this West Javanese recipe will fail if you do not follow the predetermined steps. So, make sure you are careful when performing the steps.
Tips yang must do in the production of rice Uduk
There are some tips you can make when you want to prepare this uduk rice recipe. First, choose quality rice. Unskilled rice often does not cause the spices you put to soak into it.
Not only that, but also make sure you choose thick coconut milk. Choosing this thick coconut milk will make the taste of the West Javanese recipe nasi uduk, which you make, more spicy and tasty. But on the contrary, if you choose diluted coconut milk, the taste that appears will not be too salty.
Even the smell that appears will not be strong. Kamu can choose coconut milk squeezed from real grated coconut. Do not choose ready-made coconut milk in the store. Sometimes the quality is not what you imagined. There are usually many coconut traders on the market who provide coconuts grated in this way.
Doplnkové menu West Java Uduk Rice
This West Javanese recipe nasi uduk will definitely not be perfect if you do not supplement it with complementary dishes. There are many offers that complement our uduk that you can choose at this time. Let’s discuss one by one how it is made.
- Fried chicken
- Chickens 1 head, chopped to taste
- Vegetable oil 3 tablespoons
- Coconut water 500 ml
- Bay leaf 2 pieces
- Orange leaves 2 pieces
- Galangal, which was bruised to taste
- onion 8 grains
- garlic cloves 4
- Pecan 4 grains
- granules of pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- Ginger 1 cm
- stará turmeric 3 cm
- brown sugar 20 grams
- Salt 2 teaspoons
How to make yourself :
After preparing these ingredients, you just need to take the steps to complement this West Javanese recipe for uduk rice as follows:
- Wash the prepared chicken
- Blend all the spices, simmer until they give off a smell.
- Enter bay leaf, galangal, orange leaf and lemongrass. Stir until completely evenly distributed.
- Put the previously cleaned chicken while stirring with spices
- Pour in coconut water, cover the pan and let the spices that are in it infuse.
- Wait for the chicken pieces to become tender.
- Remove and drain.
- Heat the cooking oil, fry the chicken that has been picked up until it is crapelatan colored.
- Drain or put on previously cooked uduk rice.
- Suchý Tempeh Oreg
- Tempeh 1 plate, chopped matches
- Red pepper 1 piece, cut into thin slices
- Curly chili 4 pieces, cut into pieces
- Crushed galangal 2 cm long
- Contusion ginger 2 cm
- Young bay leaf only 1 leaf
- Fresh orange leaves 3 pieces
- Shaved brown sugar 3 tablespoons, can also be replaced with sweet soy sauce
- Shallots 5 grains, in thin slices
- Garlic 3 cloves, cut into thin slices
- Tamarind water 1/2sendo to eat
- Salt to taste
- Cooking oil to taste
How to do:
- After you have prepared all the above ingredients , now we can proceed to the process of making a dish that complements this West Javanese recipe nasi uduk. Follow the steps below.
- Fry the tempeh that you cut dry. The degree of drought can be adjusted according to individual tastes. Remove and then drain.
- Saute the chopped onion until they give off a fragrant smell. Then put other spices such as chili, orange leaf, bay leaf and galangal. Pour in a small amount of water.
- Then also put tamarind water and brown sugar. Finally put the salt. Cook until boiling, correcting the taste.
- Put dry fried tempeh in it. Stir until caramelized and all spices are infused. Remove and serve.
The combination of nasi uduk and its complementary dishes will surely make the family at home much more enthusiastic when dining. Also, do not forget to serve sambal uduk, which is right for the family. To avoid mistakes, follow the steps to create this West Javanese recipe nasi uduk in order.
Read More :